Daniel Laurie is a British actor from London, England. He is best known for his role as one of the main characters in the drama-history show ‘Call the Midwife.’ From 2017 to 2021, this artist plays one of the major roles as Reggie Jackson.
Laurie became well-known after it was revealed that he is the son of Leslie Grantham (English Actor). I have written more about Daniel Laurie Wiki, Birthday, Age, Biography, Net Worth, Height, Weight, Girlfriend, Parents, Siblings, Filmography, and Trivia in this article.
|Real Name||Daniel Laurie.|
|Age||27 years old.|
|Debut||Stella (2016, as Jamie).|
|Place of Birth||England, The United Kingdom.|
|Currently Living||London, England, The UK.|
|Net worth (as of 2021)||£500K – £700K British Pound.|
|Parents||Father – Leslie Michael Grantham.
Mother – Jane Laurie.
|Siblings||Brothers – Spike Grantham and Jake Grantham.|
|Height (approx.)||In Feet Inches: 5′ 8″|
|Weight (approx.)||In Kilograms: 70 kg|
Daniel Laurie Biography
Daniel Laurie was born to his parents in England, the United Kingdom, in 1995, but the exact date of his birth has yet to be published on the internet. He was born with the condition Down’s Syndrome. This actor will be 28 years old in 2023. He spent the majority of his childhood in Kensington, London, England.
He even attended a special school for children with Down syndrome in Kensington, London, England. However, I was unable to locate any information about his education. I’ll try to find it and get back to newsunzip.com readers as soon as possible.
Daniel Laurie Parents
Daniel Laurie is one of Leslie Grantham’s and Jane Laurie’s three sons. His mother is originally from Australia. His father is best known for his role as Den Watts in the popular BBC series EastEnders. He died of lung cancer on June 15, 2018, at the age of 71.
Leslie even served ten years in prison as a convicted murderer for the murder of a German taxi driver named ‘Felix Reese.’ Daniel’s father was also involved in a major online sex scandal in 2004, for which he attempted suicide three times.
His parents married in 1981. Daniel has two brothers, Spike Grantham and Jake Grantham, through their marriage, the details of which are not available on the internet. His siblings are both older than him. His mother and father separated and divorced in 2013. This actor is of White ancestry and of British nationality.
Daniel Laurie Professional Life
This talented celebrity made his acting debut in Stella, a 2016 comedy-drama series created by Ruth Jones. Daniel Laurie played Jamie in this show, alongside Craig Gallivan, Ruth Jones, and Karen Paullada. In 2016, he appeared in six episodes of the show.
However, Daniel Laurie rose to international prominence as Reggie Jackson in Call the Midwife (TV Series). He tweeted about his experience playing his role in the show, saying
This season has come to an end! I’ve enjoyed playing Reggie and look forward to further developing him in the future and demonstrating to everyone what people like Reggie and I can bring to other people’s lives.”
Heidi Thomas is the show’s creator, and the first episode aired on the BBC channel on January 15, 2012. Jenny Agutter, Stephen McGann, Laura Main, Vanessa Redgrave, and others are among its main cast members.
Later, this artist joined the cast of Vera (TV Series), where he played Adam Beecher in the episode The Escape Turn. His character first appeared in the year 2020. This year, Laurie appeared as Zack in another TV show called Finding Alice.
Daniel Laurie Networth
Daniel Laurie’s net worth is about £1 million British Pounds as of January 2023.
- During an interview, he was asked about his Down’s Syndrome, to which he replied, “It’s very cool for me to have Down’s Syndrome.”
- After his parents divorced in 2013, Daniel Laurie decided to take his mother’s surname as his surname.
- His parents had not planned for his birth, and it came as a surprise to them.
- When his mother, Jane, informed her then-husband that their third child has Down syndrome, he responded, “whatever we get.” It’s our child.”
- Daniel was the driving force behind his father’s decision to start raising funds for the Down Syndrome Association.
- He appears to be private and does not have an account on Instagram, a popular photo-sharing app. However, at the time of writing, this actor has over 7,000 followers on Twitter.
- According to his Twitter bio, he enjoys the Star Wars film series.
- Laurie enjoys playing video games in his spare time.
- Few people are aware that this actor is also a skilled knitter.
- During the summer, his favorite drink is Brew Dog.