Dustin Lance Black is a screenwriter, director, film and television producer, and actor from the United States. Black is most recognized for his work on the 2008 movie Milk, for which he received an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Screenplay. He is also well-known as the author of 8. He is an activist for LGBT rights and a founding board member of the American Foundation for Equal Rights. Aside from his writing career, he is an outspoken supporter of LGBT rights. He is a member of the American Foundation for Equal Rights’ initial board of directors. Know all about Dustin Lance Black Net Worth, Bio, Age, Wife, Children, Height, Career
|Celebrated Name||Dustin Lance Black|
|Nick Name||Dustin Lance Black|
|Birth Name||Dustin Lance Garrison|
|Place Of Birth||Sacramento County, California|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Famous For||Academy Award-winning screenwriter and director|
|Brothers||Marcus Raul and Todd Bryant|
|Home Town||San Antonio, Texas|
|High School||North Salinas High School|
|University||University of California, Los Angeles, School of Theater, Film, and Television (UCLA)|
|Awards||Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay|
|Married Date||May 2017|
|Son||Robert “Robbie” Ray Black-Daley (born via surrogacy)|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||150 lbs (68 kg)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Screenwriting, producing, and directing|
|Net Worth||$6 million|
Dustin Lance Black Biography
Dustin Lance Black was born on June 10, 1974, in Los Angeles, California. He was born in Sacramento County, California, in the United States. Dustin Lance Garrison is his given name. He is a citizen of the United States. His father, Raul Garrison, and his mother, Roseanna, gave birth to him. Marcus Raul and Todd Bryant are his two brothers. He is of Caucasian ethnicity. Gemini is his astrological sign. His father abandoned the family when he was a child. Merrill Durant Black, his mother’s second husband, later married him. His family is Mormon, and he grew up in San Antonio, Texas. Later, the family relocated to Salinas, California. He grew raised during Mormon culture and military outposts. In 2012, his brother died of cancer.
In terms of education, he attended North Salinas High School. He attended the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Theater, Film, and Television after graduating from high school (UCLA). In 1996, he graduated from UCLA.
Dustin Lance Black Height & Weight
How tall is Dustin Lance Black? Dustin Lance Black has a height of 1.78 m, or 5 feet and 10 inches. He weighs about 150 pounds or 68 kilograms. He has a slender physique. His eyes are blue, and his hair is dark brown.
- Dustin Lance Black was already interested in theater in high school.
- In Salinas, he worked at The Western Stage. He was involved in productions such as Bare at Hollywood’s Hudson Main Stage Theater. He worked with stage directors and on theatrical lighting crews while attending university. During the period, he also had minor acting roles.
- The Journey of Jared Price, a homosexual romance film released in 2000, was written and directed by him.
- Something Close to Heaven, an LGBT coming-of-age short film, was also written and directed by him.
- In 2001, he directed and appeared in the documentary On the Bus, which followed six gay guys on a journey to Nevada and an adventure at Burning Man.
- He was later employed as a writer for Big Love, an HBO drama series.
- He authored the screenplay for Milk, a 2008 biographical film.
- He created the screenplay for J. Edgar, a 2011 biographical drama starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
- He was the screenwriter for A Life Like Mine.
- He wrote the screenplay for Tom Wolfe’s novel The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.
Dustin Lance Black Wife, Marriage, Children
Dustin Lance is a husband and father of two children. He is married to Olympic gold medalist Tom Daley from the United Kingdom. They began dating in 2013. In 2015, the couple got engaged. They married in May of this year. In June 2018, their first child, Robert “Robbie” Ray Black-Daley, was born via surrogacy.
His sexual orientation is homosexual. At six or seven, he became interested in a boy in his area. Because of his sexuality, he was gloomy and introverted. He was also suicidal on multiple occasions. In his senior year of college, he came out.
Dustin Lance Black’s Net Worth
Dustin Lance Black makes a living from his work in the entertainment sector and is a well-known screenwriter. He also works as a director and producer. He is most known for penning the script for the 2008 biopic picture Milk, for which he received an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay. Dustin has written, directed, or produced some films and television shows. He has also done promotional work for several companies and organizations. Dustin Lance Black’s net worth is currently at $6 million as of January 2023.
- He is the sole Mormon author.
- While attending the 81st Academy Awards, he wore a White Knot as a gesture of support for the marriage equality cause.
- In 2009, Black participated in the National Equality March and stated in front of the United States Capitol to an estimated 200,000 LGBT rights advocates.