Giada Pamela De Laurentiis, better known as Giada De Laurentiis, is a skilled Italian-American chef, writer, and television personality. She is well-known as the host of Food Network’s “Giada at Home,” as well as a regular contributor and guest co-host of NBC’s “Today.” She is the founder of GDL Foods and the recipient of the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lifestyle Host as well as the Gracie Award for Best Television Host. Giada’s first book, “Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes,” was published in 2005. She also appeared in a new Hyundai Motor Company T.V. commercial promoting the Hyundai Tucson in 2021.
|Celebrated Name||Giada De Laurentiis|
|Birth Name||Giada Pamela De Laurentiis|
|Place Of Birth||Rome, Italy|
|Father||Alex De Benedetti|
|Mother||Veronica De Laurentiis|
|University||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Spouse||Todd Thompson (m. 2003; div. 2015)|
|Source of Wealth||Chef, writer, and television personality career|
|Net Worth||$30 million|
|Height||5 ft 3 in or 160 cm|
|Weight||52 kg or 115 pounds|
|Hair Color||Light brown|
|Body Measurement||35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm|
Giada De Laurentiis Biography
Giada De Laurentiis was born on August 22, 1970, Giada De Laurentiis, true name Giada Pamela De Benedetti, opened her eyes for the first time. Rome, Italy, is where she was born. She is of Italian nationality and comes from an Italian-American family. She adheres to the Christian faith. Giada is 53 years old currently. Her racial background is white, and her zodiac sign is Leo. Giada’s father, Alex De Benedetti, is a producer and actor, and her mother, Veronica De Laurentiis, is also an actress.
She has three younger siblings, including makeup artist sister Eloisa and Hollywood film editor brothers Igor and Dino Alexander II, who died of melanoma in 2003. Giada’s maternal grandpa, film producer Dino De Laurentiis, was a close friend of hers. Her parents married in February 1970 but divorced a year later. Giada and her siblings went to Southern California when her parents divorced and acquired their mother’s surname. Ivan Kavalsky, her stepfather, is a producer.
After graduating from Marymount High School in Los Angeles, Giada attended the University of California, Los Angeles, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in social anthropology in 1996.
Giada De Laurentiis Height, Weight
Giada De Laurentiis stands 5 ft 3 in or 160 cm tall and weighs 52 kg or 115 pounds. She has beautiful light brown hair and blue eyes. Giada has a thin body build, measuring 35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm. Her pleasant smile and exceptional and appealing attitude have drawn a large number of people to her.
- Giada De Laurentiis begins her career as a professional chef, working in a number of Los Angeles restaurants, including the Wolfgang Puck-owned Spago.
- She then worked as a food stylist and was called by the Food Network in 2002 after styling a feature for “Food & Wine” magazine.
- Her Food Network daytime cooking show, “Everyday Italian,” debuted on April 5, 2003.
- Giada began hosting “Behind the Bash” in October 2005, while a third De Laurentiis-hosted show, “Giada’s Weekend Getaways,” aired on Food Network in January 2007.
- On a November 2006 episode of “Iron Chef America,” De Laurentiis and Bobby Flay battled against and were defeated by Rachael Ray and Mario Batali.
- She also appeared as a presenter at the first “Food Network Awards” in 2007 and hosted a two-part Food Network special titled “Giada in Paradise” the following June.
- She appeared as a guest judge on numerous episodes of the third season of “The Next Food Network Star,” which aired in 2007.
- She was branded a “petite powerhouse” by Town & Country magazine in the same year, at “just about five-foot-two.”
- In 2009, she was cast as “Paulette,” a character on the animated children’s show “Handy Manny.” In the following year, “CafeMom” placed her sixth on their annual “Sexiest Moms Alive” list.
- In June 2010, she began serving as a regular coach to the finalists on the popular Food Network competition show “The Next Food Network Star.”
More On Career
- In July 2014, Giada opened her first restaurant, GIADA, inside The Cromwell in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- She also voiced Gelata in the U.S. version of the Tinker Bell special “Pixie Hollow Bake Off” in 2014, as well as herself in the 2018 film “Scooby-Doo! and the Gourmet Ghost.”
- In addition, her Food Network series “Giada Entertains” won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Culinary Series on June 26, 2020, and she also won the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Culinary Host on July 26, 2020.
- De Laurentiis participated in a new Hyundai Motor Company T.V. commercial promoting the Hyundai Tucson, which will be released in 2021.
- Giada has two restaurants on the Las Vegas Strip, the first of which debuted in May 2014. The restaurant, simply known as “Giada,” is located in Cromwell.
- In early 2018, she built a second restaurant. “Pronto by Giada,” which has taken up residence in Caesars Palace, is a fast-casual dining establishment.
- In July 2017, she announced the opening of a restaurant at the Horseshoe Casino in Baltimore, Maryland, just north of Washington, D.C. Giada’s GDL Italian restaurant launched in May 2018.
Giada De Laurentiis Husband, Marriage
Giada De Laurentiis has a husband. On May 25, 2003, she married Todd Thompson, a fashion designer, with whom she had a child, Jade Marie De Laurentiis-Thompson, born on March 29, 2008. Jade was called after her mother, “Giada,” which means “Jade” in Italian. Later, on December 29, 2014, De Laurentiis announced on her website that she and Todd had split in July and had decided to divorce. On September 3, 2015, the divorce was finalized. She is currently in a love relationship with her attractive boyfriend, Shane Farley. When it comes to her sexual orientation, she is straight.
Giada De Laurentiis Net Worth
Giada De Laurentiis has a net worth of $30 million as of October 2023, and she earns a handsome salary in the millions of dollars every year. She has her own restaurants and makes a good living from them. In 2008, Giada teamed with the “Barilla Group” to establish an Italian gourmet brand, and from 2012 to 2013, she appeared in print commercials for Clairol’s Natural Instincts hair color. Her main source of income comes from her work as a chef, writer, and television personality.