Hidilyn Francisco Diaz is a Filipino weightlifter and airwoman who won the women’s 55 kg weightlifting category at the 2020 Summer Olympics, becoming the first Filipino to ever win an Olympic gold medal.
In her early weightlifting career, she won a bronze medal at the 2007 SEA Games in Thailand and finished 10th in the 53-kilogram class at the 2006 Asian Games. She won two gold medals and one silver medal in the Asian Youth/Junior Weightlifting Championship in Jeonju, South Korea, while she was a student representing Universidad de Zamboanga. She competed in the 2008 Summer Olympics as the youngest competitor in the women’s 58-kg weight class.
Diaz won a silver medal in the women’s 53-kg weight division at the 2016 Summer Olympics, ending the Philippines’ 20-year Olympic medal drought. Know more about Hidilyn Diaz Net Worth, Bio, Age, Parents, Husband, Height, Nationality, Ethnicity, Career
|Real Name||Hidilyn Francisco Diaz|
|Famous As||taekwondo Player|
|Age||30 years old|
|Birthday||February 20, 1991|
|Height||approx 1.58 m|
|Weight||approx. 58 Kg|
|Is Hidilyn Diaz Married||Yes|
Hidilyn Diaz Age & Nationality
Hidilyn Diaz was born on February 20, 1991, in Zamboanga City, Philippines. As of 2021 she is 30 years old. She holds Filipino Nationality but her ethnicity is unknown. She has not revealed anything about her parents, family, siblings, and her educational background.
Hidilyn Diaz Height & Weight
How tall is Hidilyn Diaz? She is 1.58 m tall and weighs around 58 kg. She has black hair and Black eyes color. Other than this her other body measurements are not available
- The Philippine Weightlifting Association chose Diaz as a wild card entry to the Summer Olympics in early 2008. She is the Philippines’ first female weightlifter to compete in the Olympics.
- In the 2012 Summer Olympics Diaz became the first Filipina weightlifter to compete in two Olympics in a row after qualifying in the women’s weightlifting under the 58 kg category through the Continental and World Qualifying Tournaments.
- Diaz competed in her third consecutive Olympics in the women’s 53kg weightlifting category at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, hoping to win at least a bronze medal.
- Diaz won bronze at the 2017 World Championships and bronze again at the 2019 World Championships. She also won a silver medal at the 2019 Asian Championship and a gold medal at the 2019 Southeast Asian Games in Manila.
- In January 2020, Diaz won the gold medal in the women’s 55kg event at the Roma 2020 World Cup in Rome, Italy.
- On July 26, 2021, Diaz won the gold medal at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
Hidilyn Diaz Net Worth
How much is Hidilyn Diaz Net worth? From her sports career, she has amassed quite a good amount of money but she hasn’t talked about her income and net worth. As of 2021, her estimated net worth is around $500k
Hidilyn Diaz Husband & Marriage
Who is Hidilyn Diaz’s husband? She is married to Erwan Heussaff Her husband, Erwan Heussaff, also praised Hidilyn on Twitter, saying that
“proof that hard work, talent, and dedication, can get you where you want to go, regardless of circumstances. Such an amazing achievement. Thank you, Hidilyn Diaz!”
Also, know about Bianca Walkden Net Worth, Bio, Age, Parents