James Earl Connor is an American football player. Born in the famous American Pittsburgh Steelers on May 5, 1995, he played college football in Pittsburgh and was selected by the Steelers in the third round of the NFL. L Year 2017 In 2014, he won the AFCA National First Team Award and was named the ACC Player of the Year.
|Real Name||James Earl Conner|
|Nick Name:||James Conner|
|Birth Place:||Erie, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||5 May 1995|
|Age/How Old:||27 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||6′ 1″|
|Parents||Kelly Patterson, Glen Conner|
|Siblings||Glen Conner, Rico Santiago, Michael Conner, Richard Conner|
|Profession:||American football running back|
|Net Worth:||$5 Million|
James Conner Biography
James Conner was born on May 5, 1995. Pennsylvania was James Conner’s place of birth. James Conner was a natural football player who excelled at the sport from an early age. The father of James Conner was a high school coach and a clever man. When he was just seven years old, he began playing football under the instruction of his father. He was taking his high school to nationals since he was a very talented football player. He received a full scholarship for college as a result of his high school grades.
His college portfolios did better than everyone else’s. He was regarded as one of his generation’s brightest prospects as a result. When he entered the NFL, there were a lot of great expectations for him. He started playing football professionally in 2017. In 2017, he participated in the NFL draft. The Pittsburgh Steelers selected him in the draft. Instead of a rookie contract, he was given a regular one.
James Conner Height, Weight
NFL player Ames Conner was born in 1995. Therefore, he is 27 years old. James was born in the pig year according to the Chinese calendar. James stands 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighs 101 kg. Sadly, we still don’t know anything about his extra physical traits. James enjoys working out! The athlete stays in excellent physical shape by working out often.
- He attended Pittsburgh during his collegiate football career, and the Steelers selected him in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft. He received AFCA first-team All-American recognition and the ACC Player of the Year title in 2014.
- Conner attended Pennsylvania’s McDowell High School in Erie. He played defensive line and running back for the Trojans’ football team. He carried for 1,680 yards and 26 touchdowns on 155 attempts as a senior. In August 2012, he agreed to play collegiate football for the University of Pittsburgh.
- Conner suffered a knee injury and left the game against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 2 early in the third quarter. Conner ran 11 times for 33 yards and his first running score of the season before being hurt. The Steelers suffered a 26-28 defeat without Conner.
- Conner helped his team win 24-17 in Week 6 against the Los Angeles Chargers by rushing 16 times for 41 yards and a touchdown and catching 7 catches for 78 yards and a score. Conner ran 23 times for 145 yards and a score on Monday Night Football in Week 8’s matchup against the Miami Dolphins before leaving the game due to a shoulder injury. The Steelers won 27-14 without Conner.
- For his efforts, he was awarded the AFC Offensive Player of the Week. In Week 11’s Thursday Night Football game against the Cleveland Browns, Conner made his injury comeback. Conner had a total of five rushes for 10 yards and one reception for six yards in the game before suffering another shoulder injury in the first half.
- Without Conner, the Steelers ultimately fell down 21-7. Conner had 34 catches for 251 receiving yards and three receiving touchdowns, along with 464 running yards and four rushing scores.
- In 2013, Conner participated in 12 of the 13 games as a true freshman. He recorded eight carries for 34 yards in his college debut during the Panthers’ season-opening defeat against Florida State. The next week, he defeated New Mexico and concluded the victory with 12 carries, 119 running yards, and a season-high two touchdowns. He also scored the first touchdown of his career during that game.
- Conner won the 2013 Little Caesars Pizza Bowl MVP award after having a season-high 26 carries for 226 yards and a score on December 26, 2013, in a 30-27 win against Bowling Green. With 799 running yards and eight rushing touchdowns, he was the team leader. The school record for running yards in a bowl game held by Tony Dorsett was surpassed by Conner’s 229 rushing yards.
- Conner revealed his Hodgkin’s lymphoma diagnosis on December 4, 2015. However, he said, “I chose to not fear cancer…I will play football again.” Conner started undergoing rehab after tearing his MCL during the Panthers’ season-opening game in 2015. As he recovered, he started to feel excessively tired and other symptoms, which prompted doctors to do a chest X-ray, which discovered Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
- He had 12 rounds of chemotherapy, with his last session being on May 9, 2016. Conner continued to take part in non-contact practices with the Pittsburgh Panthers football team as much as his body would allow while receiving therapy.
- Conner started sporting a mullet during the 2018 campaign, which gained popularity among Steelers supporters as he completely embraced the Yinzer culture via his hair. Conner joins a long list of Pittsburgh locals and/or athletes who have worn the hairdo, most notably the legendary former Pittsburgh Penguins player Jaromir Jágr.
James Conner’s Net Worth
James Conner has a $5 million net worth as of November 2022. Just from his compensation, James Conner has inked deals for over $5 million. His yearly compensation was close to $1.5 million when he first entered the NFL. His annual income right now is somewhere around $2 million. In addition, he received $2 million in incentives. Additionally, he has received almost $1.5 million from various brand endorsement contracts. At the moment, he resides in Miami, Florida. His property in Miami, Florida, is worth around $1 million.
Despite being new, he has agreements with a few reputable sponsors such as
- Pizza Hut
James Conner Girlfriend, Dating
James and Sarah Quinn are now dating. Similar to that, Sarah obtained her degree at the University of Pittsburgh, where she took cheering classes. At a burn and trauma hospital, Sarah works as a registered nurse. James and Sarah first met at the University of Pittsburgh and began dating. Little is known about the couple since they choose to keep their relationship a secret.
- On April 21, 2016, James made an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. He met Kansas City Chiefs defender Eric Berry there. Eric also beat Hodgkin’s lymphoma, much like James.
- Eric was always someone James looked up to. During Conner’s therapy, the two athletes had texted one another, but they had never really met.
- The 2018 season also saw Conner start to grow a mullet, which gained popularity among Steelers supporters and completely embraced the Yinzer culture.
- The athlete also joined a long line of Pittsburgh locals and athletes who have had the hairdo, most notably Jaromir Jág, a former Pittsburgh Penguins great.