Antonius Jacobus Peter Johannes “Jasper” Cillessen is a Dutch professional football goalkeeper who plays for Eredivisie club NEC as well as the Netherlands national team. Cillessen joined NEC’s junior squad in 2001, making his professional debut in 2010, and signing for Ajax a year later for €3 million.
|Full Name||Jacobus Antonius Peter Cillessen|
|Date of Birth||April 22, 1989|
|Birth Place||Nijmegen, Netherlands|
|Age||33 years old|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||83 kg (182.98 lb)|
|Father’s Name||Ton Cillessen|
|Mother’s Name||Nellie Cillessen|
|Siblings||A brother, Thomas Cillessen|
Jasper Cillessen Biography
The Dutch goalkeeper was born on April 22, 1989, in Nijmegen, one of the Netherlands’ oldest towns. However, he is now 33 years old. The Dutch goaltender possesses strong athleticism as well as excellent vision. Moving on, Jasper Cillessen’s Zodiac Sign is Taurus, which indicates that he is likely to be diligent, tough, and dedicated.
The Taurus guy, according to his zodiac sign, is resolute and powerful. These folks have a hot temper and aren’t afraid to say it. Jasper Cillessen seems to be of Dutch origin and of white ancestry.
Furthermore, Ton Cillessen, a loving father, and Nellie Cillessen, a lovely mother, welcomed the Dutchman into the world. However, he was reared in Nijmegen with his brother, Thomas Cillessen.
Later, he became more interested in goalkeeping, and his parents decided to enroll him at De Treffers youth academy when Jasper was six years old.
Jasper Cillessen Height, Weight, Body measurement
The 33-year-old goaltender has a fantastic physique. Jasper stands at 6 feet 1 inch (1.85 m) tall and weighs roughly 83 kg (182 lbs). Cillessen’s hair is black, and his eyes are dark brown.
Cillessen’s physique measurements are 41 inches around the chest, 32 inches around the waist, and 12 inches around the biceps. This also implies that he exercises out regularly.
- Jasper, like other sportsmen, had an early start. To begin his club career, he joined the youth squad of the local club De Treffers.
- Following that, in 2001, he was noticed by the NEC/FC Oss youth system, with whom he earned a professional contract in 2008 and began playing in reserve.
- Following that, on August 28, 2010, he made his senior debut when their first-choice goalkeeper Gábor Babos was sidelined due to injury.
- As a result, he made his debut against SC Heerenveen, which resulted in a 2-2 tie with him being selected man of the match.
- Similarly, Jasper retained his goalie position even when Babis returned.
- As a result, he got another two-year contract extension with NEC that was set to expire in 2014.
- Not to add, he was named Gelderland player of the year during his first season in 2010-11.
- Simultaneously, on August 27, 2011, NEC inked a deal with Ajax to move Cillessen to the Amsterdam club for an estimated €3 million.
- Jasper then signed a five-year contract with Ajax that was set to expire in 2016.
- Following that, he made his debut for the club against VV Noordwijk in the second round of the KNVB Cup on September 21, 2011.
- Furthermore, the game ended in a 3-1 triumph in which he played the whole game solidly, just faltering once in the 66th minute when facing Sijbren Bartleman.
- Cillessen made his league debut for the club in a 2011-12 Eredivisie match on October 23, 2011.
- During the game, they played Feyenoord, and in the 66th minute, when goalie Kenneth Vermeer was sent off, substitute Gregory van der Wiel took his place.
- Cillssen’s contribution to the match’s tie was significant (1-1). Cillessen maintained his speed and enjoyed a breakthrough in the 2013 pre-season as he made his first prolonged run of games for Ajax in the Eredivisie.
- For example, the deal was for an initial €13 million transfer fee with an additional €2 million in add-ons, and he was to replace the departing Claudio Bravo.
- After three training seasons, he made his La Liga debut against Alavés, when he effectively stopped five goal attempts but lost 1-2.
- Later in his career, Cillessen was a key figure in the Copa del Rey for both the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons, starting 17 of the team’s 18 games.
- Barcelona won both Copa del Rey matches that followed, making the team four-time straight champions since 2014-15.
- His first international match was against Ukraine in October 2010. Cor Pot, the national team coach, called him up for the match to play in the Netherlands’ national under-21 team for the 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifying play-offs.
- Moving on to his senior years, he was initially chosen for the senior Netherlands squad’s friendly matches against Uruguay and Brazil during the 2010-11 season.
- Later, he was chosen by manager Bert van Marwijk for the Netherlands’ friendly tour to South America.
- Bert van Marwijk was named as one of nine uncapped players as part of the preliminary squad on May 7, 2012.
- As a result, he was included in the preliminary squad of 36 players for the UEFA Euro 2012 competition.
- Along with all of this, his debut for the Netherlands national team under manager Louis van Gaal occurred on June 7, 2013.
- Finally, after repeated call-ups, he appeared in a friendly match against Indonesia, where he played the first half in the Dutch’s 3-0 away triumph.
Jasper Cillessen ’s Net Worth
The net worth of the Dutch goalkeeper is $1.5 million as of October 2022.. Cillessen, on the other hand, has a current market worth of 3 million euros, which has declined since he left Barcelona.
As of 2022, the Dutch goalkeeper is under contract with the La Liga team Valencia for around 4 million pounds per year.
As a consequence, the goalkeeper’s weekly compensation is 77,000 pounds. Meanwhile, his current deal will end on June 30, 2023. He also promotes well-known companies such as Nike and ERA.
Aside from his sports career, he receives money through endorsing Nike and ERA products.
Property And Cars
He and his girlfriend reside in a nice home.
He also owns a number of high-end vehicles, including a Mercedes E200, Audi, and a Range Rover.
Jasper Cillessen Girlfriend, Dating
Jasper Cillessen is not currently married. He is, however, in a long-term relationship with his lovely girlfriend Joan Klooster. Joan, his darling, graduated from HAN University, where the lovebirds met and fell in love for the first time.
Joan also worked as a Physical Education teacher at a secondary school before deciding to play football with OJC Rosmalen as an attacker.
Furthermore, Jasper and Joan are a lovely couple that likes spending time together. Not only that but she can be seen rooting for his boyfriend Jasper throughout the game.
Awards & Achievement
- 2014 FIFA World Cup third-place finish;
- 2018-19 UEFA Nations League runners-up
- Footballer of the Year in Gelderland in 2011
- 2014 Gillette Player of the Year
- 2015 and 2016 AFC Ajax Player of the Year
- Stats | Jasper Cillessen
- Cillessen made his debut for the Netherlands national team under manager Louis van Gaal in June 2013.
- Van Gaal told the reporters that he had not informed Cillesson of his intention to pull him off if the game went to penalties in order to avoid disturbing him.
- Cillessen was selected “Man of the Match” in his first game for NEC when the starter was injured, and he has since maintained his starting spot.
- Despite performing well throughout the game, he was denied a high-five following the shootout.