Australian cricketer Josh Reginald Hazlewood competes internationally. He is a tall, accurate fast bowler who has drawn comparisons to the late Australian paceman, Glenn McGrath. According to the ICC Men’s Player Rankings, Hazlewood is presently ranked no. 2 in ODI, no. 1 in T20I, and no. 10 in tests.
|Real Name||Josh Reginald Hazlewood|
|Nickname||Hoff, Bendemeer Bullet|
|Profession||Australian Cricketer (Bowler)|
|Date of Birth (Age)||8 January 1991|
|Birthplace||Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia|
|Marital status||Un Married|
|Height in Inches||6′ 4″|
|Weight in Kilograms||90 kg|
|Girlfriend/Affair||Cherina Murphy Christian|
|Net Worth||$2.4 million|
Josh Hazlewood Biography
Josh Reginald Hazlewood, better known by his stage name Josh Hazlewood, was born on 8 January 1991 in Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia. Josh Hazlewood is a right-arm fast bowler from Australia who is widely regarded as one of the finest Test bowlers in the world. He is recognized for his precision in line and length. He has long been a member of the Australian bowling squad. Hazlewood can bowl both with an inside and an outward swing. Glenn McGrath, a renowned fast bowler, and Josh Hazlewood, a former countryman, are also contrasted. Josh Hazlewood played for Chennai Super Kings to begin his IPL debut in 2020. Josh Hazlewood was signed by Royal Challengers Bangalore for a staggering 7.75 crores at the big auction for the TATA IPL 2022.
Josh Hazlewood began playing cricket at the young age of six. Hazlewood was interested in athletics like shot put and javelin throw. Additionally, he was the three-time Under-13 and Under-15 Australian Champion in the javelin throw. However, he ultimately began to become more interested in cricket. In the backyard, he and his brother began playing cricket. Josh Hazlewood joined the senior boys’ school squad by the time he was 12 years old.
Josh Hazlewood Height, Weight
Josh Hazlewood is 6 feet 4 inches (1.93 m) tall and 90 kg heavy (198 lbs). We included the most recent weight, albeit it may have changed. His eyes are Hazel, and he has Light Brown hair.
- Josh Hazlewood, being only 17 years old, began competing for his home side New South Wales in 2008. Josh made his New South Wales debut on the
- Hazlewood became the group’s youngest fast-bowler. He got three wickets in his first-class debut game against New Zealand in Sydney.
- Josh Hazlewood, who is now 18 years old, was selected for the Australian Under-19 side for the ICC Under-19 World Cup. Hazlewood, the team’s youngest player, recorded 13 wickets at the U-19 World Cup. In the decisive game against Pakistan, he contributed four wickets to his team’s victory. In the competition’s championship game, Josh Hazlewood was awarded Player of the Match.
- Josh Hazlewood has participated in 97 first-class games and has claimed 360 wickets. His highest bowling performance was a match-high 6/35, which included 11 five-wicket hauls.
- On June 22, 2010, Josh Hazlewood played in his first ODI match against England. In the game, he bowled seven over and recorded one wicket. Josh Hazlewood made his ODI debut for Australia as the youngest player ever.
- Josh Hazlewood played in his first T20I for Australia against the West Indies over three years after making his international debut, and he took one wicket.
- Josh Hazlewood made his Test debut against India in December 2014 and racked up a five-wicket haul in his first innings. His bowling contributed to Australia’s commanding advantage in the game.
- In 2015, Australia’s World Cup team included Josh Hazlewood. Hazlewood contributed to his team’s triumph by taking 4 wickets in the quarterfinal game.
- Josh Hazlewood hauled up six wickets in the first innings in the first day-night test in cricket history, earning Player of the Match honors for his outstanding work.
- Josh Hazlewood also set a rare record by not being dismissed in any of the 33 ODI games.
- Josh Hazlewood was chosen as his team’s captain in the 2017 Champions Trophy and finished with 9 wickets. In 2017, he also held the top spot in the ODI rankings.
- Josh Hazlewood was chosen for the Australian team and participated in four matches in the Ashes 2019 series. In four games, he recorded 20 wickets.
- Josh Hazlewood also made the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup T20I team and got 6 wickets in the competition.
- Hazlewood recently played the first game of the Ashes 2021–22 and got 3 wickets.
- When Josh Hazlewood was signed by Chennai Super Kings for 2 crores, he made his IPL debut in 2020.
- Josh Hazlewood competed in three games in 2020 but fell short of the fans’ expectations.
- He returned in 2021, appearing in 9 games and taking 11 wickets for CSK. After the season, Chennai released Hazlewood.
- Josh Hazlewood was signed by Royal Challengers Bangalore for a staggering 7.75 crores at the big auction for the TATA IPL 2022. In the season, Hazlewood played 12 games and claimed 20 wickets.
- youngest player to make his ODI debut for Australia.
- Youngest fast-bowler to play in a first-class match for New South Wales.
- The Australian team’s youngest player in the 2008 Under-19 World Cup.
- First player in a Day-Night Test match to get a 5-wicket haul.
- First Player to Win a Day-Night Test’s Man of the Match Award.
- The first bowler to concurrently rank in the top 10 in ODIs, Tests, and T20Is.
Josh Hazlewood’s Net Worth
Josh Hazlewood’s anticipated total net worth as of December 2022 will be Rs. 16 crores ($2.4 million), with brand endorsements and his professional cricket career providing the majority of his revenue.
As a member of the Australian cricket team, Josh Hazlewood has appeared in Alinta Energy commercials. In the UK, he also serves as Kookaburra Sport’s brand ambassador.
Josh Hazlewood Girlfriend, Dating
Cherina Murphy Christian, Josh Hazlewood’s lifelong love, is presently his girlfriend. Josh does not currently have a kid with his future bride Cherina Hazlewood. Josh and his fiancée Cherina are reportedly engaged and will soon announce their wedding date, according to a close cousin.
Awards & Achievement
- Josh was included in the 2021 edition of the ICC Men’s T20I Team of the Year.
- In April 2018, Cricket Australia gave Hazlewood a national contract for the 2018–19 campaign.
- Josh Hazlewood made history in November 2015 when he was named “Player of the Match” in the first-ever day-night Test match.
- Josh claimed the first-ever day-night Test wicket in 2015 during a match against New Zealand by lbw-ing Martin Guptill.
- At his school, Hazlewood was a standout in a variety of sports. He listed “a handful” of his favorite sports, including cricket, shotput, discus, and javelin throw.
- Hazlewood said, “I was the three-time Australian champion in the javelin from under-13s to under-15s. I was also skilled at shot put and discus.” in an interview on his love of many sports. However, I loved cricket since it was a team sport and you could always play it with your friends in it.
- According to reports, Hazlewood’s father’s friends bet $100 (US$82) on Josh being a Test player before the age of 30 with British bookies over 11 years ago, when the odds were 500-1. The wager was successful since in 2014, upon Hazlewood’s debut, each of his dad’s friends received Aus$50,000 or a return of 500 times the original wager.
- His mentor and junior cricket coach Mick Shelton once related a fascinating incident from a match at the junior level. “He (Hazlewood) got five in a row and the final youngster limped off after Josh struck him on the toe,” the man said. Josh likely would have taken six consecutive wickets, but the last player refused to take the field because he was too afraid.
- Hazlewood eventually finished the 2010 U-19 world cup with 13 wickets, moving up to third place in terms of total wickets taken. In the championship match, where Australia defeated Pakistan by 25 runs with the aid of his four wickets, he turned in his finest performance. He was given the Man of the Match award as a result.
- Additionally, he received the 2015 ICC Emerging Player of the Year award.