Kathryn Greiner is an Australian politician and social activist who is well-known for being one of the prominent figures to receive a Centenary Medal. She gained widespread prominence as a former Alderman of the City of Sydney, serving for 11 years from 1995 to 2004.
|Celebrated Name||Kathryn Greiner|
|Birth Name||Kathryn Therese Callaghan|
|Mother||Mollie née Brewer|
|Famous For||Famous as a politician and social advocate|
|Best Known For||Known as the former wife of Nick Greiner|
|University||University of New South Wales|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Social Work|
|Marital Status||Married and Divorced|
|Children||Justin and Kara|
|Neck Size||$10 Million|
|Height||5ft 4 inches|
Kathryn Greiner Biography
Kathryn Greiner was born in Australia in 1946. Kathryn Therese Callaghan is her given name. Australian is her nationality. Greiner belongs to the White ethnicity.
Born as the second daughter of Bede Callaghan(father) and Mollie née Brewer(mother), Kathryn was reared in a healthy home with her siblings. Her father, Bede was a popular celebrity since he was an Australian banker and university administrator who worked as the Chairman of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia from 1965 to 1976.
Growing up, she traveled to various places as she attended schools in London and Washington, and Loreto Kirribilli in Sydney, where she was even the Head Prefect.
Following this, she went to attend the University of New South Wales from where she got graduated getting a degree in Bachelor of Social Work. It was not restricted to that only as she even holds a Certificate in Early Childhood Development from Macquarie University.
Kathryn Greiner’s Height And Weight
Kathryn Greiner is a gorgeous lady with an average physical physique in her 40s. She stands tall with an average height of 5ft. 4inches while her body weighs around 57kg. She has a light complexion with stunning blue eyes and blonde hair.
- Kathryn Greiner started her career first in the child care industry where she spent her entire working life for almost a decade.
- Her career took a change after she got married after which she began working in the United States.
- She worked in the Institute of Human Resources at Boise State University, Idaho.
- In 1976, she became a Program Officer in the NSW Department of Youth and Community Services of Australia for 12 years till 1988.
- She was elected to the NSW Legislative Assembly for the Liberal Party in 1980.
- Three years later, in 1983, she became the Leader of the Opposition, subsequently in 1988 beating the Labor Party’s Barrie Unsworth becoming the Premier of New South Wales.
- She contested as an independent alignment at the Sydney City Council election in 1995.
- She resigned as chair of the Sydney Peace Foundation and also as a member of the executive council of the Research Institute for Asia and the Pacific in 2003.
- In 2012, she was named Chair of the Ministerial Advisory Committee on Ageing.
- She became the ambassador of the Retirement Villages in 2018.
- She has also been a media presenter for a radio station, “2UE” and for television’s “Nine Network”.
- Her various additional directorships and involvements include; Financial Planning Association, John Singleton
- Advertising, Deputy Chancellor of Bond University, and many others.
Kathryn Greiner’s Net Worth
Kathryn Greiner has fairly significant earnings from her professional career as a politician and social champion. She has excellent incomes from his job as an ambassador of Retirement Villages and also from her various other top positions in public and private institutions
She even owns a million-dollar penthouse in the Paddington Green complexion which she bought for about $4 million as of December 2022. Including Kathryn’s salary, she has a net worth estimated to be approximately $10 million and is living a luxury lifestyle.
Kathryn Greiner Husband, Marriage
Kathryn Greiner is currently single and has been enjoying a lovely life alongside her children. However, she was married previously and has been married just once to date. Her first and the only marriage was with Nick Greiner.
Nick is an Australian politician and businessman who served as the 37th Premier of New South Wales(1988-1992) (1988-1992). He was also the Leader of the New South Wales Division of the Liberal Party and Leader of the Opposition.
The pair got married on August 1, 1970, in a magnificent wedding ceremony. The couple together has two children together; Justin and Kara. She already has become the grandmother of her grandchildren Angus, Lillie, Annie, and Sophie.
Their marriage life was happy and excellent till they were split in 1995 after Nick revealed having had an extra-marital affair. However, they reconciled a year later in 1996, and stayed together for 17 years till they got separated in October 2013.