Lauren Cosgrove is not a stranger or unknown to those who follow the National Hockey League. Lauren Cosgrove is the one and only wife of TJ Oshie, a highly regarded winger and Stanley Cup champion. He is a member of the National Hockey League’s Washington Capitals (NHL).
Oshie has been widely regarded as a shootout specialist since the NHL implemented overtime shootouts in the 2005–06 season, ranking among the top career leaders in goals scored and scoring percentage.
Lauren Cosgrove has stayed by her man’s side and supported him through the highs and lows while he has been busy scoring and assisting. She married the hockey player in July 2015, and they’ve been together ever since, and their love has grown stronger.
|Full name||Lauren Cosgrove Oshie|
|Birthdate||October 24, 1990|
|Birthplace||Missouri, United States|
|Age||32 years old|
|College||University of North Dakota|
Lauren Cosgrove Biography
Gorgeous Cosgrove was born and raised in Missouri on October 24, 1990. Her ethnicity is Caucasian, and she is a US citizen. However, there are few details about her family, other than the fact that she was born into a large family.
Lauren Cosgrove Education
Lauren, similarly, attended the University of North Dakota after graduating from high school and obtained a Bachelor’s degree in an unknown field.
However, there is no information available about Lauren Cosgrave’s post-graduation career. Nonetheless, she has been a supportive wife to her husband by attending a variety of games and other events.
Lauren Cosgrove Height, Weight
Lauren is a beautiful woman with a slim figure. Her height and weight, however, are both averages. Cosgrave’s other body measurements, on the other hand, are unknown. Her blonde hair contrasts with her grey eyes.
- On May 13, 2008, Oshie announced his intention to leave North Dakota and join the St. Louis Blues. Oshie quickly became a fan favorite due to his fast and enthusiastic style of play. Similarly, at the end of the season, he received the NHL’s 2008–09 “Goal of the Year” award, which was determined entirely by public vote on the NHL’s website.
- On July 2, 2015, the Blues traded Oshie to the Washington Capitals in exchange for Troy Brouwer and Pheonix Copley.
- On June 23, 2017, Oshie agreed to an eight-year, $46 million contract extension with the Capitals, with an annual average salary of $5.75 million. Similarly, Oshie was instrumental in the Capitals’ 2018 Stanley Cup victory, scoring eight goals (six on the powerplay) and 21 points in 24 playoff games.
- As a result, on June 7, 2018, the Capitals won their first Stanley Cup in franchise history.
- Oshie represented the United States at the 2006 World Junior Championships in Vancouver. After the Blues were eliminated from the 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs, he received his first senior national team call-up, and he scored four goals and two assists in six games for the 2009 IIHF World Championship.
- He also competed in the 2010 IIHF World Championship, scoring four goals and assisting on two others in six games.
- On January 1, 2014, Oshie and Blues teammates David Backes and Kevin Shattenkirk were named to the American roster for the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- On February 15, Team USA Head Coach Dan Bylsma repeatedly chose Oshie to shoot in a preliminary-round game against Russia, which the Americans won 3–2.
- Oshie was the first of three shooters in the shootout to take on Sergei Bobrovsky, with teammates James van Riemsdyk and Joe Pavelski close behind.
Lauren Cosgrove Husband, Marriage
Lauren Cosgrove met TJ Oshie, an international hockey player, in North Dakota in 2011 through mutual friends. He’d come to Oshie’s university to see a friend, and the two had met. The interaction resulted in a lovely blossoming of love between the two strangers. They start out friendly but quickly develop into love. After three years of dating, the couple got engaged in February 2014.
According to Cosgrove, they were on their way to breakfast when she noticed her boyfriend had left her side. When she turned around, he was on his knees, clutching the ring.
Despite being taken aback by such a precious and unexpected proposal, Cosgrove granted her heart’s desire and said yes without hesitation. Oshie and Cosgrove’s wedding was as romantic as their proposal. The couple looked stunning on their wedding day in July 2015.
Similarly, in Minnesota, guests, family, and friends gathered for the lavish ceremony. The bride wore a stunning white lace gown, while the groom dressed in a black tuxedo.
Despite the lovely couple’s big day, someone else stole the hearts of the people. The cutest moment at their wedding was when their little princess Lyla (first child) presented them with a bouquet, melting everyone’s hearts. The couple has been together since then, and their love has only grown stronger.
Lauren Cosgrove’s Net Worth
Lauren Cosgrove’s earnings and net worth have remained a closely guarded secret. Her husband, on the other hand, is estimated to have a net worth of $4 million as of September 2023.
His wealth is derived from endorsements and lucrative contracts. Oshie is currently under contract with the Washington Capitals for an eight-year, $46 million deal. The agreement was signed in 2017 and may be extended until 2025.
Cosgrove and her husband, similarly, have made the most of their good fortune. The couple paid $5.2 million for a 7,505-square-foot home in 2017. The house is in a prestigious neighborhood and has five bedrooms, an outdoor pool, and a media room. Similarly, Lauren and Oshie have worked hard since moving in to make their mark on the space.