Marco Reus is a professional footballer from Germany who can play as an offensive midfielder or striker. He is the captain of Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund and a member of the German national team. Reus began his career with Borussia Dortmund before moving on to Rot Weiss Ahlen.
|Full Name||Marco Reus|
|Nickname||Woody, Woodinho, Woody Woodpecker|
|Date of Birth||May 31, 1989|
|Birth Place||Dortmund, Germany|
|Age||33 years old|
|Father’s Name||Thomas Reus|
|Mother’s Name||Manuela Rues|
|Sister/brother name||Yvonne Reus, Melanie Reus|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches|
|Net Worth||$20 million|
Marco Reus Biography
Marco James Reus was born on May 31, 1989, in then-West Germany. The only son of German, English, and Russian parents, the footballer was reared in Germany by his parents, Thomas Reus and Manuela Reus.
Reus, like many other great players, started playing as a child and was supported by his parents, who helped him get into a youth club. He grew raised with his older sisters, Yvonne and Melanie Reus.
He looks talented and has scored good grades since his childhood. Due to personal reasons, he doesn’t reveal his school or college name. He has achieved good fame and reputation in his career. He debuted with the German national team in 2011, and in 2012, he was named Footballer of the Year in Germany.
Marco Reus Height, Weight, Body measurement
Reus has a thin body and an athletic physique that enables him to employ the essential speed as a striker, which compliments his inventiveness. He is, nonetheless, of average height and weight. He stands 1.80 meters tall (5 feet 11 inches) and weighs 75 kilograms.
- In terms of his club career, the attacker started his youth career with Post SV Dortmund when he was just five years old. He stayed with the club until 1996 when he went to Borussia Dortmund, where he stayed until 2006. Rot Weiss Ahlen, a German football club, was the next club he would join.
- He played for the junior squad from 2006 to 2007, before being promoted to the senior team in 2007. He has previously played 45 games for the club and scored 5 goals in 2009. The next club he would join was Borussia Mönchengladbach. He scored 36 goals in 97 appearances for the club before joining Borussia Dortmund in 2012. He had scored 63 goals in 136 outings for the club at the conclusion of the 2017/2018 season.
- Marco Reus won a number of trophies with Borussia Dortmund, including the DFB-Pokal and DFL-Supercup. In 2013, the team finished second in the UEFA Champions League. He has also achieved certain personal milestones, such as being named to the Bundesliga Team of the Season for five consecutive seasons and being named Bundesliga Player of the Season twice.
- Reus scored 12 goals in 26 appearances in all competitions in February 2020. Then, on April 6, 2021, he scored against Manchester City in the UEFA Champions League 2021 quarter-finals, becoming one of the best goal scorers with over 18 goals. On February 13, 2022, he scored his 150th goal for FC Borussia Dortmund, leading the team to a 3-0 win against Union Berlin.
- Reus made his debut in the German jersey in 2009, when he played for the countries Under 21 squad. He only got to play two games before being promoted to the senior squad. Marcos was called up to the national team in 2011, and by the time he was called up to represent the country in Russia in 2018 for the FIFA World Cup, which Germany had last won in 2014, he had already scored 9 goals in 29 appearances.
- Furthermore, he has earned notable personal milestones with the squad, like being named Footballer of the Year in Germany in 2012 and making the FIFPro World XI 5th team in 2013 and 2014.
- Marco Reus has appeared in 341 Bundesliga games throughout his career. He has won 186 of them.
- During his time in the Bundesliga, he scored 145 goals. He has played in 244 games with his current side.
Marco Reus’s Net Worth
As a professional football player, Marco Reus makes a livelihood. The majority of his money comes from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. In 2020-2021, his net worth increased considerably. Marco Reus’s major source of revenue is his success. His net worth is projected to be between $20 million and 8 million euros as of April 2023. His market worth is believed to be in the region of €70 million.
It houses all of his assets, cash, and earnings. His natural source of income is his soccer playing career. Marco Reus has been able to manage proper budgets with his numerous sources of income, but he prefers to live a modest lifestyle. He has a slender figure and wants to maintain it with a healthy diet.
Marco Reus reaches an agreement with HyperX. HyperXTM, Kingston Technology Company Inc.’s gaming business, today introduced famous German league football player Marco Reus as the newest HyperX worldwide ambassador.
Marco Reus has joined Panasonic as a brand ambassador. Panasonic has signed a personal endorsement arrangement with German soccer player Marco Reus.
Puma, the German sportswear company, has been Marco Reus’s official sports equipment provider since 2009 when he was a rising star for Borussia Mönchengladbach. Sports Total, situated in Cologne, serves as a middleman for Reus’ sponsorship relationships. Kaliber5, a Hamburg-based computer, and network security firm, assisted Reus in creating his own website, which features several 3D representations of himself in various avatars.
Mattel, an American toy company, signed us for its Hot Wheels small toy vehicle brand. To commemorate the German superstar, the business also developed a unique model (MR11).
Marco Reus has appeared in many EA Sports FIFA games throughout the years. In 2016, he was even chosen as the worldwide cover star for FIFA 17, the game of the year.
Property And Cars
Marco Reus House in Dortmund, Germany, with him traveling in a fancy automobile.
Marco Reu’s Car Collection
- Ranger Rover Sport
- Aston Martin Vanquish
- Audi RS7
- Mercedes Benz S Class
Marco Reus Wife, Marriage, Children
Marco Reus met his wife sometime around 2013. We don’t know how they met or whether they fell in love at first sight. We think the couple got along well following their first encounter. They were having late-night conversations after exchanging phone numbers. They were passionately in love after just a few months of dating. They did, however, take their time in making the relationship official. Finally, in 2019, the pair married in a magnificent wedding ceremony attended by all of their friends and family. Since then, the two have been inseparable.
The couple has a kid. Scarlett gave birth to their first child in March of 2019. They have kept the daughter’s identify and name hidden until now.
Awards & Achievement
Marco Reus has received several distinctions during his career as a result of his constantly strong performances. In 2012, he was selected Germany’s ‘Footballer of the Year.’ The next year, ‘Bloomberg’ ranked him one of Europe’s top four players.
- DFB-Pokal: 2016-17, 2020-21
- DFL-Supercup: 2013, 2014, 2019,
- UEFA Champions League runner-up
- Bundesliga 2011-12 kicker Bundesliga Team of the Season: 2011-12,
- Bundesliga Player of the Year: 2011-12,
- Bundesliga Season Breakthrough: 2011-12
- Footballer of the Year in Germany: 2012, 2019.
- German National Player of the Year 2018
- Borussia Dortmund Player of the Year: 2013-14
- Bundesliga’s leading assist provider in 2013-14
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2013
- UEFA Champions League Team of the Season 2013-14
- The goal of the Month (Germany): January 2012, June 2012, September 2012.
- Seasonal ESM Team: 2018-19
- Bundesliga Player of the Month for September 2018
- The Borussia Dortmund attacker is not without legal difficulties, having been detained in 2014 for driving with a fraudulent license.
- He would have qualified for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, but he was ruled out due to an ankle injury.
- With the transfer window open for the 2018/2019 season, big English teams like Liverpool and Tottenham are interested in him. However, the Dortmund attacker has already signed with the Bundesliga club.
- Mario Götze, with whom he plays for both club and country, is one of his best friends.