Nikola Jokic, a center with the Denver Nuggets of the National Basketball Association, is a professional basketball player from Serbia. He is a four-time NBA All-Star, has made four appearances on the All-NBA Team, and has won the NBA Most Valuable Player Award twice (in 2020–21 and 2021–22).
|Popular As||Nikola Jokic|
|Age||25 years old|
|Born||February 19, 1995 (Yugoslavia)|
|Height/How Tall:||6′ 11″|
|Siblings||Strahinja Jokić, Nemanja Jokić|
|Net Worth||$30 million|
Nikola Jokic Biography
Serbian basketball player Nikola Joki is the center for the Denver Nuggets at the moment. On February 19, 1995, he was born in Sombor, Serbia, which was then a part of Yugoslavia. The Denver Nuggets chose the seven-foot Joki in the second round of the 2014 NBA Draft after he began his basketball career in Europe. A year after moving away from home to play in the NBA, he has steadily improved to become one of the league’s top centers.
Joki was chosen to the NBA All-Rookie First Team in 2016 after having an immediate impact on the Nuggets. He developed further, earning the title of all-star in 2019 and 2020. Joki has furthermore competed for Serbia in international events. He had a significant role in the Serbian team’s Silver Medal-winning performance at the 2016 Summer Olympics, which included overwhelming opponents throughout the Knockout Stage before falling to the United States in the Gold Medal Match. The fact that Joki has the size of a typical big man but has the abilities and ability to make plays of a lesser player accounts for a large portion of his success on the court.
Nikola Jokic Height, Weight, Body measurement
He is a tall man, standing at 6 feet 11 inches, which distinguishes him from the other players. He carries about 129 kilograms. Because of his extraordinary height, he has a perfect body mass index. His hair and eyes are stunning.
- When Jokic was 16 years old, he joined the basketball club “Mega Viruza” in Belgrade and played in both the Adriatic League and the Serbian League.
- Nicola played for his junior squad during his first season with Mega (2012–2013), but because of his performance, he was able to move up to the senior team the following year.
- He is known to have contributed 11.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game for the squad between 2012 and 2015. Jokic was named as both the “League” and the “Adriatic League Top Prospect” in 2015. The player who is most valuable.
- Jokic, a Serbian athlete, held kept his high standard. He pulled off six triple-doubles the following season and finished second for the 2017 NBA “Most Improved Player Award,” among other things. In addition, he finished second in the “Assist of the Year Honor” competition.
- Nicola broke Jim Tucker’s previous record of 17 minutes in 1995 by completing the “fastest triple-double” in league history during the 2017–18 season, clocking in just 14 minutes and 33 seconds. He continued to win “Western Conference Player of the Week” awards despite this.
- This is why it was expected that the Nuggets will choose to provide the Center with a five-year contract extension for $148 million sometime in July 2018.
- Despite being selected in 2014, Djokovic didn’t sign a deal until 2015. He was a member of the NBA All-Rookie First Team when his career started, and he came in third in the Rookie of the Year voting. He was a desirable prospect at the center because of his pass and playmaking abilities.
- By taking second place in the 2017 Most Advanced Player Voting, he has further developed his skills.
- He came close to taking the Nuggets to the playoffs in 2018 but fell short against the Minnesota Timberwolves. Joki agreed to a $148 million maximum deal before the 2018–19 NBA season. He honored the group’s faith by being named to his first NBA All-Star and All-NBA squad.
Nikola Jokic’s Net Worth
Jock’s net worth will be $30 million as of November 2022. He signed a rookie contract in 2014. Jokic finally made it to the NBA All-Star in 2018–19 after three seasons. Jokic extended his contract by $147 million in 2018. A $28.54 million compensation is paid to players. Jokic now earns close to a million dollars through sponsorships.
Currently, Jokic makes around a million dollars through sponsorships. Given that he is just 26 years old and that his prime years are still ahead of him, this number may increase dramatically. He has a Nike shoe contract. Among his endorsement agreements are ones with Western Union and Panini.
Property And Cars
Nikola Jokic has a profound affection for his home. In a quiet neighborhood in the heart of Denver, he owns a home with three bedrooms. His mansion reminds me of Camden Yards. There is a set footwear code to observe while entering his home. On a coffee table in one of his rooms, he has kept a logbook of all of his accomplishments. His house has three sizable balconies, all of which are covered with snow in the winter. Hip-hop Serbian music may often be heard in his home since he enjoys listening to it.
The kind of vehicle Nikola Jokic chooses reflects his passion for automobiles. He purchased a Brabus that was specially constructed for him and is a Jeep GMC. The purchase price of this vehicle is $63,000. His automobile is remarkable since the inside is orange, which is unusual for Serbia. Serbians often have a gloomy option.
Nikola Jokic Wife, Marriage, Children
Nikola Jokic’s wife is Natalija Marie. She is a stunning woman in her 26th year. She stands 5 feet 8 inches tall. Serbian psychologist Natalija has years of expertise in her area. At the Metropolitan State University of Denver, Natalija pursued her education. She is an introverted individual that is difficult to contact on social media. She keeps her specifics private.
Although Nikola and Natalija have known each other since infancy, their official relationship just began in 2013. On October 24, 2020, Nikola and Natalija exchanged vows in Serbia, the country of their birth. Due to the widespread Coronavirus, their marriage was organized in a stringent setting. Only close friends and family members received invitations to the wedding. The National Basketball Association’s schedule forced them to postpone the wedding, which was originally scheduled to take place in June. After the wedding ceremony, the newlyweds performed their dancing and singing talents.
Awards & Achievement
- 2× NBA Most Valuable Player (2021, 2022)
- 4× NBA All-Star (2019–2022)
- 2× All-NBA First Team (2019, 2021)
- All-NBA Second Team (2020)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (2016)
- 2× Serbian Player of the Year (2018, 2021)
- ABA League MVP (2015)
- ABA League Top Prospect (2015)
- When he was younger, Nikola Joki was more into horse racing than basketball. He had to be coerced by his father into attending basketball practice.
- Growing up, Nikola Joki also participated in water polo and soccer.
- Nikola Joki loved watching Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Magic Johnson highlights when he was little. Olajuwon’s mid-range game and Johnson’s passing prowess were something he admired.
- Nikola Joki was unable to do a push-up when he first joined a professional squad in Serbia.
- Nikola Joki used to consume four liters of Coke every day before taking his diet and eating habits seriously.
- Nikola Joki’s brothers woke him up to tell him he was selected by the Denver Nuggets, but he quickly went back to sleep since he assumed it was a dream.
- He urges her to lie while Joki and his girlfriend are playing cards with his elder brothers.
- When Nikola Joki started his professional career in Serbia, he weighed around 300 pounds. He had shed nearly 30 pounds to be in shape before even signing with the Nuggets.