Nina Wadia is a British actress of Indian heritage best known for her role as Zainab Masood in the BBC soap opera “EastEnders.” She is well recognized for her role as Mrs. Hussein in the “Open All Hours” spin-off Still Open All Hours, as well as her appearance in the BBC Two sketch show “Goodness Gracious Me.” She also participated in the 2007 Hindi-language romantic comedy “Namaste London.” In 2018, she also participated in the series “Origin.” In the soccer film “Bend It Like Beckham,” she played a wedding guest. She was named a contender in the nineteenth season of Strictly Come Dancing in 2021.
|Celebrated Name||Nina Wadia|
|Nick Name||Nina Wadia|
|Birth Name||Nina Wadia|
|Place Of Birth||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Awards||British Soap Awards and more|
|Net Worth||$1 million-$5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Height||158 cm or 5 ft 2 in|
|Weight||75 Kg or 165 lbs|
|Body Measurement||32-26-32 in.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Nina Wadia Biography
Nina Wadia was born on December 18, 1968, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Her nationality is Indian-British, and her ethnic heritage is Mixed. She is of Parsi descent. As of 2020, she will be 52 years old. Her parents died, and she grew up with two siblings: an older brother and an older sister (Nergist Wadia-Austin). She went to Hong Kong when she was nine and enrolled at Island School in Hong Kong. Her Zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Her religious beliefs are currently unknown. She received her formal education at the Island School in Hong Kong.
Nina Wadia Height, Weight
Nina Wadia is a stunning and sweet actress who is tall at 158 cm or 5 ft 2 in and weighs 75 kg or 165 lbs. She has a body measurement of 32-26-32 in. Her body type is average. She has a pair of black eyes, and her hair color is dark brown. Overall, she has got a healthy body.
- Nina Wadia rose to prominence after appearing in the BBC sketch show “Goodness Gracious Me” as Mrs. ‘I can make it at home for nothing!’ and as one-half of “The Competitive Mothers.”
- Furthermore, she took over Meera Syal’s role as Rupinder in the sitcom “All About Me.”
- In 2007, she was cast as Zainab Masood in the long-running BBC soap opera “EastEnders.” Her last performance was on February 8, 2013. She also had a tiny appearance in “Eastenders” in 1994 as Viv, a nurse who treated Michelle Fowler (Susan Tully) while hospitalized with a gunshot wound.
- She also appears as Zainab in the 2010 spin-off “EastEnders: E20.”
- She’s also appeared in several British comedy and dramas, including 2point4 Children, The Vicar of Dibley, Thin Ice Chambers, Holby City, Murder in Mind, Doctors, and New Tricks.
- Similarly, she was a regular on the ITV topical chat show “Loose Women” (2005-2006).
- In March 2008, she participated in the E4 adolescent drama “Skins,” as well as the BBC Three drama “West 10 LDN.”
- In the comedic film “Bend It Like Beckham,” she plays a wedding caterer. She also had a scene-stealing performance as the housekeeper in the movie “I Can’t Think Straight.” She also appeared in the film “Code 46” in a minor role (2003). She appeared in the BFI/BBC film “Sixth Happiness,” as well as a Bollywood film named “Namaste London,” in which she played Rishi Kapoor’s wife. She played a doctor in the Doctor Who episode “The Eleventh Hour” and appeared in “All-Star Mr & Mrs” in July 2013.
More On Career
- In September 2013, she starred in ITV’s “Big Star’s Little Star.”
- Since December 2013, she has played Mrs. Hussein in “Still Open All Hours.”
- In April 2017, she starred as Khadija in the British romance comedy “Finding Fatimah.”
- In the live-action adaptation of “Aladdin,” she portrayed the small role of “Zulla” (2019 film).
- In 2020, she played Anna Masani in the ninth season of the popular BBC drama series “Death in Paradise.”
- She co-starred in the fifteen-minute play Isolation Stories with Sheridan Smith, which was shot via webcam owing to the COVID-19 pandemic in the UK in 2020. She was just named a contender in the nineteenth “Strictly Come Dancing” series in 2021.
- Aside from that, she has appeared as a guest on “Parsons and Naylor’s Pull-Out Sections” and as the pharmacist Namita ul-Haq in the BBC World Service serial opera “Westway.”
- In 2001, she played Ariel in a BBC Radio 3 performance of “The Tempest.”
Nina Wadia Husband, Marriage
Nina Wadia has a husband. She married her attractive composer husband, Raiomond Mirza. The pair first met in Canada, where they married in July 1998. Mirza, like Wadia, is a Parsi, and the couple married in a traditional Parsi ceremony. They currently reside in Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey. The couple is also the parents of two children. Her sexual orientation is heterosexual.
Mina Wadia performed in the Royal Albert Hall in 2005 as part of the Pakistan Earthquake Appeal Concert and Fashion Show. She has also been active in fundraising for Save the Children.
Nina Wadia Net Worth
Nina Wadia is a well-known actress with a net worth estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million as of November 2022. Her primary source of money is the entertainment industry. On the other hand, her specific compensation has yet to be revealed. She is currently leading an everyday life.