Oliver James Dowden CBE is a British politician who has been the Conservative Party’s Co-Chairman since 2021, with Ben Elliot. He is also a Minister without Portfolio.
|Full Real Name||Oliver James Dowden|
|Age||44 years old|
|Birthday||August 1, 1978|
|Place of Birth||Park Street, United Kingdom|
|Net worth||$1- $5 million|
|Height (approx.)||5 ft 6 inches|
|Weight (approx.)||55 Kg|
Oliver Dowden Age & Early Life
Dowden was born on August 1, 1978. He grew raised in Bricket Wood, Hertfordshire, and attended Parmiter’s School in Garston, Watford, a largely selective state comprehensive school. He claims to have had an “outstanding state education” before attending Trinity Hall, Cambridge, to study law.
Oliver Dowden Height & Weight
Oliver Dowden is 5 feet 6 inches tall. He weighs approximately 55 kg (121 lbs). He has lovely warm blue eyes and blonde locks. There is no information on his chest-waist-hip measurements, dress size, shoe size, biceps, and so on.
Oliver Dowden’s Net Worth
How much is Oliver Dowden’s net worth? Oliver Dowden’s net worth is estimated to be between $1 -$5 million as of February 2023, according to Wikipedia, Forbes, IMDb, and other online sources. He made his money as a professional politician.
- Dowden joined the Conservative Research Department in 2004, then moved to the public relations firm Hill & Knowlton in 2007, before rejoining the Conservative Party in 2009.
- He later served as a special advisor and David Cameron’s deputy chief of staff, where he stated he spent most of his time on “day-to-day crisis management.”
- Dowden was recognized as an adept in assaulting political communications, prompting similarities to Labour’s Alastair Campbell.
- In the 2015 general election, he was elected MP for Hertsmere with a majority of 18,461 votes.
- During his candidacy, he stressed policy concerns such as building transportation infrastructure, maintaining green belt areas, and increasing education.
- On June 17, 2015, he delivered his inaugural address. On August 27, 2015, Dowden was named a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2015 Dissolution Honours List.
- Dowden was named Minister for the Cabinet Office and Paymaster General by incoming Prime Minister Boris Johnson on July 24, 2019, and became a member of the Privy Council the following day.
- Dowden was named Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media, and Sport on February 13, 2020, following Baroness Morgan of Cotes, who resigned from the government.
- During a cabinet reshuffle on September 15, 2021, Johnson nominated Dowden as an unpaid Minister without Portfolio and Conservative Party Co-Chairman.
Oliver Dowden Wife & Marriage
Who is Oliver Dowden’s wife? Oliver Dowden is still blissfully married to her wife, Blythe Dowden. The couple has two children, who attend a local school in Dowden’s Hertsmere area, according to the Hertfordshire Advertiser. Blythe Dowden and her other half, Oliver, live in the Hertsmere area with their two children. The pair haven’t disclosed how they met or married, but we’re sure there’s an interesting background.