Richard Sherman is a free agent in the National Football League. His position on the field is cornerback. The Seahawks selected him in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He made his professional regular-season debut in the Seattle Seahawks’ season-opening 33–17 loss to the San Francisco 49ers. He has been named to the Pro Bowl and All-Pro five times, including three times as a first-team member. On March 10, 2018, just a day after being released by the Seahawks, he signed a three-year, $39 million contract with the San Francisco 49ers, and he made his debut against the Minnesota Vikings in week one. The 49ers officially dismissed him on February 17, 2021. On June 6, 2014, he was named the cover athlete for Madden 15. Optimus Prime dubbed himself to send the message that he would shut down Detroit wide receiver Calvin Johnson, also known as Megatron.
|Celebrated Name||Richard Sherman|
|Nick Name||Optimus Prime|
|Birth Name||Richard Kevin Sherman|
|Place Of Birth||Compton, California|
|Siblings||2; Branton Sherman and Krystina Sherman|
|High School||Dominguez High School|
|Awards||Steve Largent Award and more|
|Married Date||March 28, 2018|
|Net Worth||$40 Million|
|Source of Wealth||NFL Football Career|
|Height||6 ft 3 in or 1.90 m|
|Weight||93 KG or 205 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Current Club||Free Agent|
Richard Sherman Biography
Richard Sherman was born on March 30, 1988. His birthplace is Compton, California, in the United States. Richard Kevin Sherman is his real name. He is an American citizen with an African-American ethnic background. His skin color is black. His parents are his mother, Beverly Sherman, and his father, Kevin Sherman. He grew up alongside his two siblings, Branton Sherman and Krystina Sherman. His Zodiac sign is Aries, and he practices Christianity.
In terms of education, he attended Dominguez High School and graduated in 2006. He had 1,030 all-purpose yards as a senior in 2005, including 870 yards on 28 catches and three punt returns for scores. As a defensive back, he had 45 tackles, eight pass breakups, and one interception.
He helped Dominguez win the CIF Southern Section Division III championship with a 41–14 victory over Sherman Oaks Notre Dame High School in the championship game. He enrolled at Stanford University, where he was a wide receiver for the Stanford Cardinal football team from 2006 to 2010. During the 2006 season, he had 34 receptions for 581 yards and three touchdowns. He is a member of the Phi Beta Sigma fraternity and received his undergraduate degree in communications from Stanford University in 2010. When he returned for a fifth year during his final year of eligibility, he began working on his master’s degree.
Richard Sherman Height, Weight
Richard Sherman has a stunning athletic body. He stands 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 205 pounds (93 kg). His hair is black, and his eyes are dark brown. Overall, he has a healthy figure and a beautiful smile. His additional bodily measures are yet to be revealed.
- Richard Sherman was the 25th cornerback in the 2011 NFL Draft by the Seattle Seahawks in the fifth round (154th overall).
- On July 22, 2011, the Seattle Seahawks signed Sherman to a four-year, $2.22 million contract with a $182,424 signing bonus.
- Sherman received an overall rating of 86.7 from Pro Football Focus in 2015.
- He began the 2016 season as a cornerback.
- Sherman was diagnosed with a sprained MCL in his right knee following the season, which affected him in the second part of the season.
- He returned as the Seahawks’ starting cornerback in 2017; however, he was hampered by his Achilles, which he first injured in Week 5 during a 16–10 win over the Los Angeles Rams.
- On March 9, 2018, the Seahawks officially dismissed him.
- On March 10, 2018, he agreed to a three-year, $39 million contract with the San Francisco 49ers, and he made his debut with the team in week one against the Minnesota Vikings.
Richard Sherman’s Wife, Marriage
Richard Sherman has a wife. He married his lovely long-term lover, Ashley Moss. The pair got engaged in June 2015, and their wedding took place on March 28, 2018, at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana. Rayden Sherman, his first son, was born on February 5, 2015, to his wife, Ashley Moss. On April 16, 2016, the couple had their second daughter, Avery. The happily married pair are enjoying their current life to the fullest, with no interruptions. He is not gay and has a straight sexual orientation. He has residences in Yorba Linda, California, and Maple Valley, Washington.
Richard Sherman is also the founder of his organization, Blanket Coverage – The Richard Sherman Family Foundation. Sherman founded his foundation in 2013 to assist children in low-income communities by supplying them with school supplies and clothing. His charity was established to help children across the country achieve academic excellence.
Richard Sherman’s Net Worth
Richard Sherman is an NFL football cornerback who has amassed a sizable fortune throughout his career. Sherman’s net worth is predicted to be $40 million as of October 2023, according to sources. His contract with the Seattle Seahawks was worth $56 million, with $40 million guaranteed, and he signed it in 2014. He received a three-year contract worth $27 million before joining the San Francisco 49ers, including a $3,000,000 signing bonus, $7,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $9,050,000. T-Mobile, Nike, Oberto, BODYARMOR, and Beats by Dre swamped him with sponsored content and endorsements.
According to Fanbuzz, he has made more than $82 million in contract salaries alone. He also owns real estate in the United States, including Yorba Linda and Maple Valley properties. According to Bleacher Report, he paid $2.31 million for the latter in 2014 from Jamal Crawford, former NBA Sixth Man of the Year, who bought the home in 2006 for $3.231 million. He lives a lavish lifestyle, and his primary source of riches is his NFL football career. Richard also owns some of the world’s most expensive luxury automobiles. He previously held an Audi and a BMW, but now he has a Lamborghini Aventador and a Tesla.
- Richard Kevin Sherman is his real name.
- He had 1,030 all-purpose yards as a senior in 2005, including 870 yards on 28 catches and three punt returns for scores.
- He was the 25th cornerback in 2011 when the Seattle Seahawks selected him in the fifth round (154th overall) of the NFL Draft.
- In 16 games and ten starts, he concluded his first season with 55 combined tackles (47 solos), 14 pass deflections, four interceptions, and a forced fumble.
- On May 77, 2014, the Seattle Seahawks signed Sherman to a four-year, $56 million contract extension with $40 million guaranteed and an $11 million signing bonus, making him the highest-paid cornerback in league history.