Ricky Gervais is a comedian, actor, director, and writer from England. He is best known for co-creating, co-writing, and starring in The Office, a British television mockumentary comedy.
|Full Real Name||Ricky Gervais|
|Age (as of 2023)||62 years old|
|Profession||Comedian, actor, director|
|Birthday||June 25, 1961|
|Place of Birth||Whitley, Reading, United Kingdom|
|Net worth||$14 million USD|
|Height (approx.)||5 ft 9 inches|
|Weight (approx.)||60 Kg|
Ricky Gervais Age & Early Life
Ricky Dene Gervais was born in Reading, England, on June 25, 1961. Lawrence Raymond Gervais, his father, was a Franco-Ontarian who served in England as a foreign serviceman during WWII. His mother, Eva Sophia née House, was an English-born housewife. Ricky was the youngest of his parents’ four children, with two older brothers called Larry and Robert, as well as an elder sister named Marsha. He started school at Whitney Infant School and later transferred to Whitney Junior School. Ricky Gervais earned an upper second-class honors degree in philosophy from University College London before enrolling at the University of London. He never graduated from there, though.
Ricky Gervais Height & Weight
Ricky Gervais is 5 feet 9 inches tall. He weighs approximately 60 kg (121 lbs). He has lovely warm brown eyes and brown locks. There is no information on his chest-waist-hip measurements, dress size, shoe size, biceps, and so on.
Ricky Gervais’s Net Worth
How much is Ricky Gervais’s net worth? Ricky Gervais has a net worth of $14 million as a British-born actor, comedian, writer, and director as of July 2023. He made the great bulk of his fortune as the creator of the TV show The Office.
- Gervais founded a musical trio called Seona Dancing with his buddy Bill Macrae in June 1982 while studying at UCL. They co-wrote many songs, which Gervais sang while Macrae played the piano. They eventually recorded a sixteen-song demo tape and signed with London Records.
- In 2000, he contributed comic skits to ‘Bruiser,’ a BBC Two comedy sketch program. Later that year, he started appearing on Channel 4’s extremely successful ‘The 11 O’Clock Show’ on a regular basis.
- Gervais started hosting his own chat show, ‘Meet Ricky Gervais,’ on Channel 4 after his success on ‘The 11 O’Clock Show.’ Each show, which aired on Friday evenings, included two famous guests. The show, however, did not endure long, going from September 22 to October 27, 2000.
- In 2013, he starred as Mr. James Bing, a sarcastic computer, in ‘Escape from Planet Earth,’ an animated science fiction comedy film. In 2014, he played the villain Dominic Badguy/The Lemur in ‘Muppets Most Wanted’ and Dr. McPhee in ‘Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb.’
- Gervais began writing the story for ‘Special Correspondents,’ which he subsequently directed and acted in, in 2014. Filming started in May of 2015. The film was released in April 2016 as a remake of the 2009 French comedy ‘Envoyés très spéciaux.’ It generally received unfavorable feedback.
- Concurrently with ‘Special Correspondents,’ Gervais wrote, directed, acted in, and produced ‘David Brent: Life on the Road,’ which was released in August 2016 to mixed reviews. His next film, ‘Blazing Samurai,’ in which he plays Ika Chu, a malevolent cat, is set to be released shortly.
Ricky Gervais Wife & Marriage
Who is Ricky Gervais’s wife? Ricky Gervais has been living with Jane Fallon, a well-known producer, and screenwriter whom he met in 1982 while studying at University College London since 1984. The pair splits their time between Hampstead and New York City. They did not marry, according to Gervais, an atheist, since there is no use in conducting a “ceremony before the eyes of God because there is no God.” The couple also decided not to have children.