Ruby Wax is a British-American actor, comedian, writer, mental health advocate, and lecturer. She first appeared in the sitcom “Girls on Top” (1985-1986), and then rose to prominence as a comic interviewer, playing up to British perceptions of the strident American style in shows such as “The Full Wax” (1991-1994), “Ruby Wax Meets…” (1994-1998), “Ruby” (1997-2000), and “The Ruby Wax Show” (2001). (2002).
She went on to become the script editor for the BBC sitcom “Absolutely Fabulous” (1992-2012), in which she starred in two episodes. In the 2015 Special Honours, she was named an honorary Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for services to mental health. Her memoirs, How Do You Want Me? (2002) and Sane New World (2013), both debuted at the top of the Sunday Times best-seller list. She was a celebrity contestant on “Comic Relief does Fame Academy,” a spin-off of the BBC’s “Fame Academy” in which all earnings went to Comic Relief. Despite not being a talented singer, Wax made it to the final and finished second to Will Mellor.
|Celebrated Name||Ruby Wax|
|Nick Name||Ruby Wax|
|Birth Name||Ruby Wachs|
|Place Of Birth||Evanston, Illinois|
|Education||University of California, Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, Kellogg College, Regent’s College|
|Spouse||Andrew Porter (Ex-Husband), Trevor Walton (Ex-Husband)|
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Height||5 feet 2 inches or 1.57 m|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ruby Wax Biography
Ruby Wax was born Ruby Wachs on April 19, 1953 in Evanston, Illinois, United States. She is an American-British national with an American-White ethnic heritage. Her father, Edward Wachs, and mother, Berthe Wachs, raised her. Her father was a wealthy sausage manufacturer, and her mother was a certified accountant. She was reared Jewish in Illinois. As of 2021, she will be 68 years old. Her parents were Austrian Jews who fled Austria in 1938 in response to Nazi threats. Her father altered the spelling of the family surname from Wachs to Wax once they moved to Chicago. Her zodiac sign is Aries, and she practices Judaism.
In terms of her scholastic history, she majored in psychology at the University of California, Berkeley, but dropped out after a year to pursue other interests. She relocated to the United Kingdom and attended the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow. Wax earned a master’s degree in mindfulness-based cognitive therapy from Kellogg College in Oxford in September 2013. She previously completed a postgraduate certificate in psychotherapy and counseling at Regent’s College in London.
Ruby Wax Height, Weight
Ruby Wax is a really attractive woman. She is the perfect height of 5 feet 2 inches (1.57 m). Her body weight is 55 kg. Her eyes are a dark brown color, and her hair is blonde. Her additional body dimensions, such as hip size, waist size, dress size, and others, are still unknown. Her body type is ordinary, and she is in good health. She has a wonderful grin and a radiant face that draws a lot of people to her.
- Ruby Wax began her career as a straight actress at Sheffield’s Crucible Theatre. There, she had a long-running writing and directorial collaboration with Alan Rickman, who would subsequently direct the majority of her stage comedy shows.
- Then, in 1978, she joined the Royal Shakespeare Company, where she co-starred with Juliet Stevenson in “Measure for Measure.”
- She appeared in “Love’s Labours Lost,” “Sore Throats,” and “The Way of the World” all in the same year. She also wrote a chapter for the book “For Ian Charleson: A Tribute,” published in 1990.
- In 1981, she played an American track fan in Charleson’s breakout film, “Chariots of Fire.”
- She had a one-time appearance as Lonnie, an American student, in a 1980 episode of “The Professionals,” “Bloodsports.” She starred in “Shock Treatment,” the sequel to The Rocky Horror Picture Show, in 1981. She made a brief cameo as a secretary in “Omen III: The Final Conflict.”
- In 1985, she appeared on the British sitcom “Girls on Top” as the loud-mouthed American actress Shelley DuPont.
- In 1987, she was granted her own comic talk program, “Don’t Miss Wax,” on Channel 4. She was also engaged as a radio presenter by the Superstation, the UK’s nighttime sustaining service for commercial radio.
- In December 1989, she starred in the Red Dwarf episode “Timeslides.”
- In 1991, she began working for the BBC with the show “The Full Wax” (1991-1994).
- “Ruby Wax Meets Madonna” aired on the BBC in 1994, followed by “Ruby Wax Meets…” (1996-1998), in which she interviewed notable individuals such as Imelda Marcos, O. J. Simpson, and Pamela Anderson.
- “Ruby Wax Meets…” was nominated for a BAFTA Award in 1997 (credited to Clive Tulloh and Don Boyd) for an interview with Sarah, Duchess of York, which drew over 14 million viewers.
- She also had two cameo appearances on “Absolutely Fabulous,” for which she acted as script editor during the series’ duration.
- From November 2001 to June 2002, she hosted “The Waiting Game,” a BBC1 television quiz show.
- Her last BBC interview series broadcast in 2003. She appears as a cleaner in the music video for McFly’s Comic Relief song “All About You” in 2005. She took over as host of Commercial Breakdown in 2002. She also published her book, “How Do You Want Me?” which became a best-seller on the Sunday Times best-seller list. She appeared as a celebrity contestant on “Comic Relief does Fame Academy,” a spin-off of the BBC’s “Fame Academy,” in March 2003. She made it to the final, finishing second against Will Mellor.
- In the 2005 film “Tara Road,” she played a supporting part alongside Olivia Williams and Andie MacDowell. She appeared as a celebrity contestant in “Ant & Dec’s Gameshow Marathon” in September and October 2005, progressing to “Sale of the Century” before being knocked out. She was a celebrity showjumper in the BBC’s Sport Relief event “Only Fools and Horses” in the summer of 2006.
- Similarly, in 2006, she hosted “Cirque de Celebrité” on Sky One. She later appeared in an episode of “Jackass” in which she competed in the Gumball 3000. She returned to Comic Relief in March 2009 to take part in “Comic Relief Does The Apprentice.” She then appeared in “Comic Relief Does Master Chef” in 2011, where she made an appetiser for Prime Minister David Cameron.
- “Ruby Wax Goes Dutch” broadcast on the Dutch television network NET 5 on April 1, 2009.
- Her 2010 stand-up show “Losing It” deals with her experience with clinical depression and was performed at the Duchess Theatre in London in 2011.
- In response to the audience’s reaction to her stage presentation, she also launched the mental health website (which is now part of the SANE mental health organization) in 2011. She was appointed Visiting Professor in Mental Health Nursing at the University of Surrey in June 2015.
- In 2013, she wrote “Sane New World,” which became a number one best-seller, and in January 2016, she published “A Mindfulness Guide for the Frazzled,” which became a number one best-seller. She was also named Chancellor of the University of Southampton, with duties beginning on May 1, 2019.
- In addition, she teaches corporate communication in both the public and commercial sectors. Deutsche Bank, the UK Home Office, and Skype are among the clients.
Ruby Wax Husband, Marriage
Ruby Wax has a husband. She tied the knot to her third husband, Ed Bye (television producer and director) in 1988. They have three children named Max (born 1988), Madeleine (born 1990), and Marina (born 1993). (born 1993). As of now, the happily married pair is enjoying their current life without interruptions. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Ruby Wax firstly married her ex-husband, Andrew Porter in 1976 and got divorced in 1980. After that, she married her second ex-husband, Trevor Walton in 1981.
Ruby Wax Net Worth
Ruby Wax is an accomplished actress, comedian, writer, mental health advocate, and lecturer. The net worth of Ruby Max is estimated to have $4 Million as of 2021. Her mains source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry. Her salary and other income details are unavailable at a moment. However, she is living a luxurious lifestyle right now.