Unai Simon Mendibil, a gifted Spanish specialist footballer, is better known as Unai Simon. With the number 1 sweater, he plays goalie for La Liga club Athletic Bilbao and the Spain public group. In the 2014-2015 season, he debuted as a senior with the ranch group in Tercera Division.
|Celebrated Name||Unai Simon|
|Birth Name||Unai Simon Mendibil|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
Unai Simón Biography
Unai Simón Mendibil, better known by his nickname Unai Simón, is a Spanish goalkeeper who plays for Athletic Bilbao in La Liga and the Spanish national team. Simón, in addition to being a robust muscular presence between the sticks and producing acrobatic saves, is also completely capable of playing out from the back thanks to his superb ball-handling abilities. Unai Simón Mendibil was born on 11th of June, 1997. Simón was born in Vitoria-Gasteiz, lava, in the Basque Country, and grew up in Murgia, a nearby hamlet. Regarding his familial history, not much is known about his parents and other family members. Unai has decided to stay discreet about his family origins and facts. Furthermore, he has also not provided much information about his siblings.
Unai bears Spanish nationality and belongs to the Hispanic ethnicity. He celebrates his birthday on the 11th of June, and his natal sign is Gemini.
Unai Simón Height, Weight, Body measurement
Unai Simon, an attractive player, is 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in) tall and weighs roughly 88 kg. His physique, along with his optimal tallness and masculine appearance, propels him to the top of the best list of young gen girls. Unai has gorgeous earthy brown hair and eyes. He has an athletic body type.
- Unai Simon joined Athletic Bilbao’s development system in 2011, having previously played for CD Aurrerá de Vitoria. In the 2014-15 season, he made his senior debut with the farm team in Tercera División.
- Simón was promoted to the reserves on June 8, 2016, after being demoted to Segunda División B. He quickly established himself as a starter for the team, appearing in 29 games throughout the season.
- Simón was called up to the main squad for pre-season by new first-team manager José ngel Ziganda on 2 June 2017 but continued to play primarily for the Bs. He signed a contract extension until 2023 on July 13, 2018, and was loaned to Segunda División side Elche CF two weeks later.
- Simón was recalled by Athletic on August 15, 2018, after the departure of Kepa Arrizabalaga and the injury of Iago Herrern. He looked to be behind the elder Lex Remiro in the selection process at first, but he made his professional – and La Liga – debut five days later, starting in a 2-1 home triumph against CD Leganés.
- Simón made many vital saves and was awarded player of the match in just his third league game for Athletic Bilbao in a 1-1 tie with Real Madrid. When Herrern returned to full health in October 2018, he was promoted to starter goalkeeper, with Simón making just two appearances in the Copa del Rey over the next four months.
- Simón was awarded the #1 squad number for the 2019-20 season and started the season as the first choice, keeping a clean sheet in an opening day triumph against FC Barcelona. He maintained his outstanding form throughout the season, missing just two games due to sickness and playing in 33 league games, surrendering 29 goals to finish third in the Zamora Trophy standings.
- On the 37th, penultimate, matchday of the season, he was sent off during the first half against CD Leganés for a ‘last man’ challenge outside the penalty area, with the resulting suspension ending his season a game early; with ten men, Athletic Bilbao lost 2-0, effectively ending their slim chances of qualifying for the UEFA Europa League.
- He signed a new deal with the club in August 2020 that runs through the summer of 2025, with no buyout clause.
- Simón has represented Spain at the under-19 and under-21 levels. He was a part of the side that won the 2015 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, although as Antonio Sivera’s backup goalkeeper.
- Simón made his debut for the under-21 squad against Italy on September 1, 2017. He was chosen for the 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship, where he played in the opening game of the group stage as Spain repeated as winners (Sivera was again first-choice).
- Simón got his first senior call-up on August 20, 2020, for the first two matches of the 2020-21 UEFA Nations League. Despite making a blunder that resulted in a goal at the club level a few days earlier, he was chosen for his complete debut on 11 November 2020, playing the whole friendly against the Netherlands.
- Simón was included to Luis Enrique’s 24-man squad for UEFA Euro 2020 on May 24, 2021. He started every game for the squad and scored an own goal in the 5-3 last-16 triumph against Croatia when he was unable to manage Pedri’s long reverse throw.
- Luis Enrique commended his mental fortitude in recovering from that blunder. He subsequently saved two penalties as Spain won a shootout against Switzerland in the quarter-finals following a 1-1 deadlock, earning him the Star of the Match award.
- The semi-final against Italy concluded with the same score, and Simón stopped Manuel Locatelli’s first effort in the shootout, but the Italians won.
Unai Simón ’s Net Worth
The overall assets of a talented player, Unai Simon are rated between $1 million and $5 million beginning as of August 2023. In his brief competent period likewise, he has built up himself a character as of now. He procures a compensation of roughly 19,000 pounds each week, 988,000 pounds each year playing for Athletic as a GK. Besides, his main form of cash is his football activity. His current market esteem is €20 Million as of May 2021 and his highest enhanced market worth was €30 Million as of July 2020.
He has many sponsorship and endorsement partnerships with well-known brands like Nike, which contribute to his income.
Unai Simón Girlfriend, Dating
Unai Simon is a single person. He is also not in a relationship. So, for the time being, we might assume that he is living a single existence. He has no chance of going through a divorce since he is still unmarried and single. The expectation is that the goal of living a lonely life is to find a successful vocation. When it comes to Simon’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
Awards & Achievement
- Espana Supercopa: 2020-21
- 2019-20 Copa del Rey runner-up, 2020–21
- 2015 UEFA European Under-19 Championship
- 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship
- Summer Olympic silver medal: 2020
- 2020-21 UEFA Nations League runner-up
- 2019-20 UEFA La Liga Revelation Team of the Year
- He is known as “The Untouchable.” Unai Simon Mendibil was born on June 11, 1997, in Vitoria-Gasteiz, Alava, Basque Country, Spain, to his father and mother.
- The aspiring goalkeeper spent his summer holidays with his grandparents in Zamora. Simon spent his time in town following other youngsters to the front in the hot afternoons, where they played football together.
- Despite being born in Vitoria, the athlete hails from San Marcial del Vino in Zamora. Actually, his paternal family is from the hamlet of San Marcial. He is a Spanish national of Spanish-White ancestry.